I forgot to include this in my earlier post about my baking course. Below is one of the homework on swiss roll, the recipe called as Oil-free sponge roll.
- 40 gr + 80 gr sugar
- 4 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
- 30 gr cornflour
- 50 gr cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Whip yolks with 40 gr sugar until light and fluffy
- Whip egg whites with the rest 80 gr sugar till medium peak.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Fold in the sifted mixture alternate with some of whipped egg whites.
- Scrape the mixture into the lined tray and bake till cooked. (I used 190C for 15 minutes)
The result is a soft and delicious healthy roll, recommended to be consumed within 24 hrs after baking because despite the softness of the texture ,the cake was a bit dry due to lack of oil/fat.
And yes I use butter cream and chocolate chips as the filling (there goes the healthy oil free part),but if you are the health conscious one you can just spread fruit jam/jelly.