- 80 gr yolks
- 200 gr sugar + pinch of salt
- 100 gr oil + 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 115 gr soya milk (reduced sugar)
- 106 gr cake flour (can be 50 gr plain flour+56 cake flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp greentea powder
- 200 gr egg whites
- 120 gr sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- Whisk sugar and salt with all liquid ingredients together (oil + vanilla + soya milk)
- Sift flour, baking powder, and greentea powder together then add into mixture 1, mix well and set aside
- Whip egg whites into medium stiff meringue
- Whisk yolks into mixture 2 and gradually fold in egg whites
- Deposit the mixture into tube tins and bake 190C for 30 minutes
A pat on my back because my chiffon turn out nice and delicious, despite me only using the paper tube tray, the chiffon rise quite high.
My mum loves this not too sweet kind of chiffon and another friend of mine Mr.A whom got the chance to taste this cake said that he likes the light and fluffy texture of the cake as well as the fresh soya smell and the light hint of green tea which is his kind of liking (while me personally think a little bit more of green tea will be perfect). But then again, it’s a matter of personal taste.
I hope you got the chance to test making this and let me know what you think.