Yay… getting into day3 and I am still not bored yet of Chiffon. I hope by the end of the week I don’t turn into a muffin for eating too many Chiffon cakes.
Today Chiffon was inspired by Sweet Corn fudge cake I learn from my baking course so I decide to twist the sponge cake recipe into chiffon considering sponge cake is also fall into the category of foam cakes where air is whipped into eggs to give lighter texture to the cake.
Below please find my Sweet Cream Corn Chiffon Cake
Ingredients : for 1 x 7″ tube tin
- 3 egg yolks
- 20 gr sugar
- 30 gr corn oil
- 70 gr cake flour
- 120 gr cream corn
- 4 egg whites
- 50 gr sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until sugar melted then add in corn oil and cream corn, mix well.
- Sieve in the cake flour and stir until smooth
- Whipped egg whites until bubbly add in cream of tartar then sugar, whip until firm.
- Fold the egg whites into yolks mixture and mix well
- Deposit mixture into chiffon tube tin and bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until cooked