The initial idea was to make Coconut Chocolate Chiffon Cake and turn them into marble pattern. However in the last minute I decided to add one more flavors to make it more interesting.
For today cake, I am using my classic Panda Chiffon recipe which I also use for Black Glutinous Chiffon and then split the batter into 3 and add different flavors for each.
Ingredients : for 1 x 8″ tube (I use 7″ and resulted to a very tall chiffon)
- 4 egg yolks
- 40 gr sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 30 gr corn oil
- 50 gr coconut milk
- 75 gr cake flour
- 20 gr water
- 1/4 tbsp spoon of each : Coconut paste/Taro paste/Chocolate paste
- 4 egg whites
- 55 gr sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Stir yolks, salt, sugar , coconut milk, oil with hand whisk in a bowl
- Sieve cake flour and fold into yolk mixture and mix until smooth
- Pour the batter into 3 bowl ( The total combined batter should be around 280 – 290 gr) and then add different flavor essence into each batter.
- Whisk egg white until bubbly, add cream of tartar then sugar and whisk until stiff, separate meringue into 3 and fold into each bowl to get 3 type of batter.
- Pour mixture into chiffon tube tin and bake till cooked at 190C for 35 minutes
I am so happy today Chiffon turn out to be good, victory… yeah.