Feel like having sunny side up for afternoon tea?
Fear not my friend, this is not a weird recipe nor the experiment of rabbit went mad. This recipe is just perfect for afternoon tea and snacking. If you are not sure, please scroll down for the recipe details 😉
Recipe is from Judy Koh’s recipe book (Pockets of Happiness)
Ingredients for 12 x 7 cm cupcakes
- 150 gr butter
- 140 gr sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon zest (grated)
- 150 gr cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Method for cupcakes :
- Cream butter and sugar and salt till light before adding in eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla essence and lemon zest, mix well.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and then fold into the butter mixture in four addition and mix well.
- Pipe the mixture into baking cup till about 1/3 full before piping in lemon curd and then top with more cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 20 mins or until cooked
- When cooled trim he tops of the cake, if necessary and decorate by flooding the top of each cake with lemon icing, use plain round nozzle to pipe some lemon curd onto each cupcake to resemble egg yolks
Ingredients for lemon curd :
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 45 gr lemon juice
- 60 gr sugar
- 30 gr butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Method for lemon curd :
- Whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice together in a bowl and cook in double boiler. Keep whisking continuously until the temperature reaches 80C. Cool briefly before stirring in the butter.
- Strain, cover and chill till thickened before using.
Wish you all a great weekend ahead.